Windows 7 Driver for Samsung M0603H 60G SCSI HD
04-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Windows 7 Driver for Samsung M0603H 60G SCSI HD
Hi:

I have an Alienware Area 51M laptop. This laptop came with a Samsung M0603H SCSI Hard Drive and Windows XP.

I am trying to install Windows 7 on this laptop. I boot from the Windows 7 disk in the DVD drive and when it tries to install the OS, it can not find the HD and is asking me for a driver for this HD.

I looked for a driver on Samsung web site and could NOT find any. I would be much obliged if any one can help me find the HD driver for Windows 7 for this HD.

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards
Narasimha
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2010 08:36 AM by Thomas.)
RE: Windows 7 Driver for Samsung M0603H 60G SCSI HD
Googling for "Samsung M0603H SCSI" not a single page was returned so I guess there is a typo somewhere.

Ff there is no Windows 7 driver on the website of the manufacturer, that means that no such driver exists.

Not sure if that would work in this case, but you can try to install driver for one of the previous versions of Windows, if you have or find one, in a compatibility mode.
04-30-2010, 12:29 AM
RE: Windows 7 Driver for Samsung M0603H 60G SCSI HD
Hi:

Thanks for the response. I will recheck the HDD model number for correctness. I will also try to find the old driver and see of Windows7 will accept this driver.

Thanks Again,
Regards
Narasimha