New Device Doctor Bundle
02-09-2010, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 11:43 AM by Device Doctor.)
Information New Device Doctor Bundle
Over the past month we have been working on building a bundle that will both help our users with some neat new features without cluttering our super-simple interface and at the same time help us cover some of the running costs by partnering up with a search provider. Today you can finally download it - we still have our stand-alone installer for those who prefer it but consider supporting us by trying out the new bundle.

This bundle will install a clean toolbar for IE or Firefox (sorry Chrome, Safari and Opera users, not quite there yet) that will integrate some cool features right into your browser:

- Hit the Web Search drop down to toggle to Driver Downloads search: searching in this mode will let you type in a model number of device you are having problems with to search many different driver download sites at once, all in one results window. It's a great way of finding more obscure hardware drivers that Device Doctor might have missed, or just different versions of the same driver.

- Again, use the Web Search drop down and go to Device Questions to search for problems or errors you may be experiencing, just enter the model number. This will search only expert hardware forums so you will see high quality responses and often resolve your issues within minutes - much better than googling for solutions!

- Hit Scan Devices button for instant access to Device Doctor hardware scan

- With the Twitter button you will get a quick overview of 10 Twitter accounts we keep our eye on, focused on computers, software and hardware. Hover over each name to see a few of their latest tweets. The great thing about this is that you don't have to be on Twitter to benefit from information posted there. To suggest other Twitter accounts for this section feel free to send us a note!

- Tools drop down will give you access to some essential utilities, let us know what else you feel should be included here.

- Finally, the Updates button will give you a quick overview of what's happening on Device Doctor forums.

In addition to these, you will also find some extra features like the weather bug and inline radio streamer that you can toggle on or off through Device Doctor button, Toolbar Options menu.

Now, give it a go from our Download page and send us your feedback. You can always find the non-bundled build from our Builds page but keep in mind that we get a few cents from our search partners if you do use our toolbar so you will be helping us keep Device Doctor running, even if you just use it for regular searches. We think you'll like the new functionality so please feel free to go forth and spread the word! Smile

Collin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2011, 12:15 AM
RE: New Device Doctor Bundle
when do you intend to bring out a new version of this software, it has been so long, it is about time for a new version.
Find all posts by this user
07-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Device Doctor 2 is in testing but when it might be finally released is not clear at this time I'm sorry.
08-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Is there a way we can (beta) test DD2 ?
10-05-2011, 06:08 AM
hi, i just buy your device doctor pro but the sw don\'t work, i have take 2 screenshot of the problem, how can i upload to your tech service?

S.O. win XP Pro 32 bit
10-05-2011, 11:54 PM
tried Device Doctor, and it showed i needed 10 updates. I downloaded one, ran it, and then tried the next one. It downloaded the same file and same driver. Did the same for all ten. Not very useful. Is this a "feature" in that's the way it works, or is there something wrong with it??
10-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Where is the Device Doctor 2 download link?
I can't find it anywhere, only v1.

Thanks

(10-05-2011 11:54 PM)zachari Wrote:  tried Device Doctor, and it showed i needed 10 updates. I downloaded one, ran it, and then tried the next one. It downloaded the same file and same driver. Did the same for all ten. Not very useful. Is this a "feature" in that's the way it works, or is there something wrong with it??
12-20-2011, 02:38 AM
(02-09-2010 11:42 AM)Device Doctor Wrote:  You can always find the non-bundled build from our Builds page...

Where is the Builds page??
12-21-2011, 01:21 AM
(12-20-2011 02:38 AM)george-elliott Wrote:  
(02-09-2010 11:42 AM)Device Doctor Wrote:  You can always find the non-bundled build from our Builds page...

The link is http://www.devicedoctor.com/device-doctor-builds.php
12-21-2011, 02:21 AM
(12-21-2011 01:21 AM)Thomas Wrote:  
(12-20-2011 02:38 AM)george-elliott Wrote:  

The link is http://www.devicedoctor.com/device-doctor-builds.php

Although I thank you for your prompt reply, I doubt that I will use the unbundled version because I noticed that the bundled version required me to buy the program before it would download the drivers, despite the claim on the "About Device Doctor" page to the effect that the program was free. Herein is an instance of the truth in the saying, "Although trust is slow to arrive, it's quick to leave."