Now Canon Printer won't work
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Now Canon Printer won't work
Canon printer will now only ask to save to my documents a file I want to p[rint. Wants to save as file type *.xps and XPS Document (*.xps) . Cannot print anything. I created restore point after downloading program but before running or updating anything. SYstem restore will not work to get back to this point or to a system checkpoint created automatically in XP Home yesterday. Where do I go from here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2010, 05:14 AM
RE: Now Canon Printer won't work
In Control panels, Printers, check the settings of your printer. Either you have it incorrectly setup (to print to a file), or you have some other printer set as default and the system is printing using other printer driver than you are intending to use.
If you installed some driver that you think caused this, you can uninstall it - eg. through Control Panels > System > Hardware > Device Manager.
05-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you, Thomas, for speedy response. Something called Microsoft XPS Document writer was set as default printer. Reset to the Canon printer, things are now fine. Rest of system seems to be moving along much quicker also so I think the driver updates have improved things. Bonnie
09-25-2011, 03:43 AM
konica minolta magicolor 2300 won't work
I have a konica minolta 2300 that used to work on both my and my wife's computer with windows vista. Now since we updated our vista with MS updates over some period of time, it will not print on either computer. It appears that microsoft has obsoleted our printer. Device doctor does not indicate that we need to update a printer driver when we do the search option with the printer plugged in and on.

I have tried to btain new drivers from Konica directly, but it does not change anything.

Device doctor does not find that a new printer driver is necessary. In the printer menu, there is no job scheduled when we try to print, and the printer is set as default.

I have read the other posts, with no help so far.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ed
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
> Device doctor does not find that a new printer driver is necessary.

It only offers updates if they are available. If it didn't find anything, it's either not available or it's missing in DD's current database.
If you already downloaded drivers from Konica directly and they didn't work, there are no other drivers besides those that are available directly from manufacturer I'm sorry.
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
(05-20-2010 05:14 AM)Thomas Wrote:  In Control panels, Printers, check the settings of your printer. Either you have it incorrectly setup (to print to a file), or you have some other printer set as default and the system is printing using other printer driver than you are intending to use.
If you installed some driver that you think caused this, you can uninstall it - eg. through Control Panels > System > Hardware > Device Manager.

Excuse me, why can't I? I also is the same problem can you help me? I install but have no reaction.