Thread Closed 
Portable build now available
11-06-2009, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2009 08:38 AM by Device Doctor.)
Star Portable build now available
We haven't linked it to our download page yet but you can try out the Portable build from here:

http://www.devicedoctor.com/device-doctor-builds.php

Let us know how you find it!

Collin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
RE: Portable build now available
Works great for me, and I'll have to check whether I don't have an outdated version installed on desktop, as the portable actually returns slightly differing results (different driver counting,...) -> improvement Smile.
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks Thomas - there may be some slight differences due to the way each build can "tag" a computer to pair up driver recommendations with it, and the fact that the Portable build contains a slightly newer scanning engine.

Collin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Good Morning.

I tested DDP and I found a bug.
When DDP try scan for drivers in the computer that use internet with autentication's proxy, the program close in the end of scan. It isn't giving a html file.

Frank Lima
12-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Portable version seems kaput; gives me 404 errors on multiple internet-connected PCs.

The "offline mode" URL is also broken, but I guess that's a separate (less serious) issue.

[Image: LNG9B.png]

Using fiddler, I've discovered that the application is attempting to POST to http://drivers.devicedoctor.com/drivers/v1/, which results in a 404 error.

I also tried the non-portable, non-bundle version -- that one gives either a similar 404 error, or a proxy error (which other people seem to be experiencing too, 1, 2, 3).

The bundle version seems to be a much newer version of the software than either of the other available formats (2.1.0.0 vs. 1.0.0.1), and works fine, but it's nowhere as useful to me as a working portable version would be.
01-08-2012, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 04:39 AM by chtah.)
I'm having the same experience as supervacuo. The portable version doesn't work, insisting that the internet-connected computer I'm using isn't connected. Creating the html export file and clicking therein gives me a 404 error. The installer version *does* work, but the portable version, when repaired, will be more useful to me in supporting multiple machines.
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
portable version does not function. I must install old version on mine pc? and then i have all new drivers? best one greets Cool
01-14-2012, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2012 10:11 AM by coolman99.)
Exact error as described by supervacuo for the portable version, with the same error message he posted.
I hope this can be corrected sometime soon.
I prefer to use a portable version for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

System:
Win XP SP3, 32
4GB RAM
AMD dual core X64 (4400)
All firewall permissions were given
Connection: DSL
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I have heard back from developers, the decision was just made with regrets that they'll have to abandon the portable version of Device Doctor, I'm sorry.
Thread Closed