Toshiba P100-429 W7 64 Bit. No Sound.
11-13-2011, 05:30 AM
Toshiba P100-429 W7 64 Bit. No Sound.
Sorry if I've posted this twice but couldn't find it so assumed my first attempt failed. Moderator by all means delete one or other of my posts if there are two.

My post is:

At present my machine is not recognising the built in audio card. I originally installed W7 64 bit on this machine about a year ago and after some initial problems was able to get the sound working by downloading a Conexant Audio driver. Recently, after hard disk problems I have had to clean install on a new and larger capacity hard disk. All has gone well with the exception of the sound.

I downloaded installed and then ran device doctor and it said that nine of my drivers required update. The only one that is bothering me is my HD Sound. I tried the driver recommended by Device Doctor and got the message, "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted."

I still have the Conexant driver that installed and worked on this setup (conexant_os2007336b although with original HD), however it does not install now.

According to Device manager my audio hardware ID's are:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31

Does anyone have any further ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
RE: Toshiba P100-429 W7 64 Bit. No Sound.
You can try the sound Fix-It on http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply