Use Device Doctor in my business
04-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Use Device Doctor in my business
Hello,
I retired not to long ago. To help supplement my income, I opened a for profit home computer repair business. How can I be legal with your company and use your product Device Doctor Portable in my business?
Thank you and have a Blessed Day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Use Device Doctor in my business
Commercial use is allowed, here is the relevant part of the license agreement for Device Doctor:

By using, distributing, or making available this product, you acknowledge that you accept the following terms and conditions:

Device Doctor Software Inc. ("Device Doctor Software") provides the Device Doctor Product ("the Product") for free for your personal or commercial use, so long as you abide by this Agreement.

THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION).

You acknowledge that Device Doctor Software is under no obligation to provide support, updates, bug fixes, or any other ongoing development or improvements to the Product.
04-23-2011, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2011 05:32 AM by rpietsek.)
(04-23-2011 12:47 AM)Thomas Wrote:  Commercial use is allowed, here is the relevant part of the license agreement for Device Doctor:

By using, distributing, or making available this product, you acknowledge that you accept the following terms and conditions:

Device Doctor Software Inc. ("Device Doctor Software") provides the Device Doctor Product ("the Product") for free for your personal or commercial use, so long as you abide by this Agreement.

THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION).

You acknowledge that Device Doctor Software is under no obligation to provide support, updates, bug fixes, or any other ongoing development or improvements to the Product.

Thank you Thomas.
rpietsek
07-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi again. Thanks for your answer. I didn't ask, but can I assume then that I can use the install version and the portable version in my for profit business without cost?
Have a great day,
Richard Pietsek
08-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, as per the license quoted above and accepted upon each installation, it's free for commercial use and it can be distributed or made available to others as you wish.